Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mommy's Free Day!

Here is my latest artwork from my Mommy only day with my good friend Megan. She and I were able to get free from our little ones and get scrapping! I myself have not been able to scrap since my second baby girl was born almost 4 months ago. So not only have I not been able to start her album yet, I am still only on months 4-5 of my first baby girls album!!! Does this sound familiar? I used Close to my Heart paper kits on several pages to help me get caught up. I LOVE the fact that the paper packets all come like a kit with all the coordinating papers. It takes the guessing out of it for me.



This layout was of my daughter at 5 months old when she had caught the swine flu. It was scary, but she had no major complications...in fact you can see she was still a pretty happy baby.

Supplies:
All CTMH
Felicity paper pack
Sweet Leaf and Crystal Blue Ink
Bamboo Brads
Amore Alphabet
Posterboard Alphabet



 
I apologize for the glare on this page. One night my daughter was playing in her exersaucer and it was really loud. Just jumping and jumping and jumping.  I had sort of tuned her out while I was on the computer since she was having fun close by.  Then I had one of those Mommy moments where everything got really quiet and you know you need to go investigate. Well this is what I found. She had just kept jumping until she got so tired she fell asleep right there! If you knew my daughter at all, you knew she was a horrible sleeper so this was a tiny miracle!
Supplies:
CTMH Topstitch Paper Pack level 2
CTMH Chocolate distressing ink, Stipple brush, and sander (all from the distressing kit)
CTMH Alphabet Stamp set from the Felicity Kit
CTMH Chocolate Ribbon
CTMH Amore Numbers and Letters Stamp sets
CTMH Spring Harmony Brads
Making Memories Copper Brads
Pink Thread
Cricut Opposites Attract Cartridge

This picture has bad color, so let me show you 1 page at a time.



For this layout I used a scrapbook overlay.  These overlays come with the squares cut out already and you just place photos behind the squares or paper scraps like I did. It really helps speed up the page. I think I am going to re-do the journaling block as my handwriting got sloppy, but other than that it turned out really cute.  Can you tell my daughter was not into it! Ha Ha! That is what I get for trying to get in a photo shoot before nap time! I am not sure of which company's these papers came from since I store mine by theme.  These were not CTMH though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...