Saturday, June 18, 2011

It has been way too long!

Hello? Is anyone there? Really? You still read this site? Yes folks...it has indeed been way too long since I have posted any artwork. I have had some time recently to finally be crafty again and will have several new posts of projects I have been working on. This first project was created last month for one of the teachers on my team (I teach middle school) who was retiring. We threw her a party and I was in charge of making the little sign that would be placed with her guest book. 

This is what the guest book  looked like and I tried to keep to the color scheme with the sign.

Here is a close up of the little sign. For this project I used Chocolate cardstock from Close to my Heart and embossed it with my Sizzix then backed it with a Crystal Blue cardstock from CTMH so you could not see my ribbon glued in the back. I used some lace ribbon from the dollar bin at Wal-Mart, and some Prima Flowers. I used Colonial White cardstock then printed in brown ink from my computer the sentiment. If you look really close you can see I scored two lines above and below the sentiment and then used Chocolate Ink from CTMH to distress it. Then I finished it off with a my stickease butterfly from the Miracle Kit that I stuck to a Taffy colored CTMH paper clip. I hope you like it

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...